At 2getherments, home design is empathic to the needs of working families. Whether it’s having a cuppa together, chatting up with the family while making breakfast during morning rush, reviewing the children’s homework or watching television while working on something else in the evenings, we have visualized possible scenarios and endeavoured to make your home experience enjoyable. Working families are of all varieties.
Typically, they are family units ranging from the sole breadwinner unit to two parents in the workforce unit, not necessarily both working full-time but also with varying working time arrangements. They are growing families with increasingly hectic schedules. Given various schedules and priorities of adults and children, everyday routines tend to be tightly scheduled. Many of us would prefer less rushed mornings and more relaxed evenings. Work life balance is something most families strive for. Advantages of being a double income family (whether full-time or part-time) are many. For instance, many working families have a comparably better standard of living and lesser financial strain. They also feel like they are making a significant contribution to the family and work. And they tend to have friends and social life outside of home and immediate family.
With those advantages come typical pain points working families face including:
- Feeling like the amount of quality time spent with children or spouse is not enough.
- Feeling stressed on how many chores there are to do around the house.
- Being too tired or busy to enjoy an active and engaging social life.
- Having little time to pursue fitness activities.
- Having little time to pursue hobbies and sports.
From our research and decades of work experience designing residential communities, we’ve identified some hidden aspirations of working families and have designed solutions that help address their needs appropriately. Typically, working families require:
- Spaces for the family to engage and connect with each other, friends (old and new) and neighbours.
- Stronger community in which to nurture the children.
- Homes that do not require too much housekeeping effort and time.
- Adequate storage for growing requirements of the children and family.
- Expandable home for visiting families and guests.
- Options for the whole family to explore and develop skills and interests; and reduced commute times while pursuing those activities.
Increasing preference for lifestyle choices that include:
- Moving towards organic food sources and greater food safety.
- Developing interest in kitchen gardensand home-grown greens and vegetables.
- Responsibly managing waste segregation, disposal and recycling.
- Responsibly consuming energy & water.
- Craving for homes that are closer to nature and cleaner environment.
Given the above needs and requirements, we’ve designed the units in 2getherments to be apt homes for working families with kids; homes that also have multitasking spaces; homes that change from time-consuming habitats to timeearning habitats. While we’ve designed homes keeping a typical working family persona in mind, we understand that not all families are the same or all their requirements identical. And so, we are offering customization services (as an add-on service) where our designers will work with you and your family to create a home that meets your specific needs and requirements.